A lantern by Willian & Bates, which started in the 19th century. At the end of the 19th century, he moved to Halifax, a state-of-the-art industrial city at the time, and built a factory called Pelon works. Initially, we only made parts for the textile industry, but we will continue to diversify. In 1925, we started making parts for Tilley, and in 1938 we started making lanterns with a structure similar to Tilley. Then, World War II with Germany began, and it was adopted as a formal lantern of the British Army, and at one point the monthly production reached 8,000 units.
Willian & Bates will continue to produce for the British Army as the lantern market becomes devastating with the proliferation of electricity. However, in 1997, Willian & Bates sold all rights and factories to Bairstow Brothers.
Then, in 2010, all of its rights were acquired by a Korean company, and production in the UK ended.
Only Vapalux from the British era is available at our shop.
Width 157 mm, depth 157 mm, height 355 mm